Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What's Next?

Saturday I graduated from Michigan State University. And I tell you what, it's a weird feeling to think that after 5 years of college I am done. But what is next? Like every other graduate I am going to look for a "real person's" job and begin developing my career. In the meantime, I have decided I am going to focus on my artwork and my faith to stay productive and positive while I try to find a job. 
I have started working on a 24x36 acrylic painting for Andy Berry. I would have to say it is looking pretty good so far. Pictures will come later when it is done. I also will be finishing up a set of wine glasses I started around Christmas Break. I am excited to see what all I will be able to sell. 
Today I went to the Christian Book Store to pick up a book or two for a summer read. I found one called The Scent of Water by Naomi Zacharias. 
"Follow Naomi Zacharias as she talks to women working in brothels in Mumbai; survivors of an Indonesian tsunami in which more than 160,000 lives were lost; a young girl waiting on an operation to save her life; and victims of domestic violence horrifically burned by fire. Be still with her when she realizes the pain she feels in the face of these extreme injustices reveals a common struggle that exists within all of humanity. And rise with her as she wrestles with confusion over her identity, comes face to face with redemption, and then begins to understand her own story...and to find her calling.  

The Scent of Water  will open your eyes to the complexities of the world, showing you pain can also be beauty, and how 
each is found in the unlikeliest of places"

I will begin reading this book later today when I am relaxing outside soaking up the sun. :)

Ever since I started going to MSU I have put my faith on hold. I will admit, I had "better" things to do such as sleep or study rather than go to church. There is no excuse now that I have graduated and don't even have a job. When at the book store I also got a 365 day devotional, Starting today I am going to become a better Christian and not but my faith on the back burner.  In some ways I don't like who I have become so each day I am going to try to respond to my devo to help better myself.

And with that I am out! See you  on the flip side... 

No comments:

Post a Comment