Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Vision for a Church

For my senior thesis I have decided to design a contemporary church located in Old Town, Lansing. I want the church to be directed towards youth and young adults. Traditional churches don't appeal to the younger generation any more. The building would have classrooms for bible study and small groups, the sanctuary, and a lounge in the balcony for casual lounging or class rooms for small groups. The sanctuary will have stackable chairs so that they can be removed during the week for homeless to have a roof to sleep under.
For the finishes of the church, I want to use bright colors and multiple colors throughout the space. I want to get away from the basic wooden cross and go with a metal sculpture cross that can hang on the wall behind the pulpit. I have included a image of my preliminary design. Design on a budget i have found is hard, but I like the challenge. I have always wanted to help people and I think this is a great way to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment